Sunday 9 September 2012

Castello Coffee Co

It was a hot and sunny day, and the centre of town had a Mediterranean feel.  My niece Emily and I were out shopping.

It wasn’t a good time to go as it was the last day of the school holidays. Emily needed some last minute items, as did half of the school aged population, so all the shops were busy.


Castello Coffee Co

After an hour or so I really needed a break and we found this cute little coffee shop on the East side of Castle Street with a wonderful atmosphere.  This was mainly because the two staff were very friendly.  It was painted in a very warm colour of light blue with cream and they had orchids in a vase in the corner.  The patio doors were open and they had 6 small tables outside.  When a rather large man was sitting at the table next to us stood up, we could see an entire table that hadn’t been visible before.

I had 2 pots of tea it was so nice.  They serve “For Life” tea which is excellent leaf tea, even their fruit tea actually tastes of fruit.  The guys behind the counter were recommending the white mandarin tea.  I will give that a go next time I am there, as I will definitely go back.

Emily and I shared a very good piece of carrot cake with a slightly ginger tang.  It was too hot to eat much more, a thing I never thought would happen this summer.  As well as tea and cake they also serve soup, sandwiches, cold drinks and of course coffee.

The tables were wooden and the chairs black plastic.  They have large grey parasols, to shade the tables if necessary but they were not up today.

There is only one thing wrong with this place in my eyes and that is their lack of a toilet.  However you can always nip into the ones in Debenhams, just round the corner. (Keep that betwwen ourselves!)

Castello Coffee Co can be found at 7A Castle Street, EDINBURGH, EH2 3AH.  It is open from 7.30am to 6pm Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 6pm Saturday and 10am to 6pm Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment